Ur Aua (Paramount King) Hehimetu Ra Enkamit PhD, has since 1975 been a member of the Washington D.C Traditional Area of Ausar Auset Society International. Ur Aua is responsible for overseeing the programs, projects and activities of AASI’s member in DC, Maryland, Virginia, Bermuda and Toronto Ca. In DC that “self-help” philosophy, has under Ur Aua’s leadership, manifested as the establishment of two schools, which spanned a period of 27 years, Senbeb natural foods, the oldest continually running black
owned business of its kind, Senbeb Cafe serving vegan food for over 25 years, Suwale African Boutique operating over 20 years and The Oracle of Tehuti classes providing spiritual training in the Kamitic way of life for over 35 years.
On African Culture. In Washington DC, Ur Aua has officially hosted Ghanaian Royalty in the US including, but not limited to Otumfou Opoku Ware II, Asantehene, Otumfou Osei Tutu II, Asantehene, Nana Akouko Sarpong, Omanhene of Agogo, Nana Okotor Kofi III, Omanhene of Nkonya, Barima Kwame Nkyi, Omanhene of Asin Manso, Nana Abena Serwaa, Queenmother of Agogo, Nana Serwaa Aygemanso, Queenmother Tepo, Nkonya and Naba Azumah Ndagu representative of Naba Asigri Abugrago Azoka II, Bawku Naba.
Ur Aua has traveled and led Tour Groups Internationally to the following:
Ghana –1885, 1986, 1988, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010-2018, 2022
Benin — 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2010-2018, 2022
Ivory Coast — 1985
Sierra Leone — 2012, 2013, 2014
Guinea — 2012
Gambia — 2013
Nigeria — 1992
Brazil — 1993, 1994
Ur Aua has also coordinated the society’s contribution to different infrastructural projects in Ghana, including, but not limited to
- the donation of over $300,000 USD worth of medical and education equipment and supplies,
- 200,000 saplings for a Reforestation project in Agogo
- over $10,000 USD to Otumfou’s Education Fund,
- the donation of the 1st computer to Manhyia Palace
- donation of computer equipment to computer training school in Agogo
- donation of Computer equipment to Nkonya computer center
- donation of Computers, calculators and textbooks, to Nkonya Secondary School
- development and construction of a 3 year weaving and sewing training program
- currently in the construction phase of The Agogo Community Library
- contributed teaching equipment, materials and supplies to the Presbyterian Medical School in Agogo,
- contributed medical equipment and supplies to the Agogo Presbyterian Hospital and health clinics in the Nkonya traditional area and Atonkwa, Elmina
- supporting further development of Songhai Centres in the Agogo, Nkonya, Bawku and Assin Manso Traditional Areas
- has given assistance to students in Agogo, Assin Manso, Bawku, Nkonya and other places
Ur Aua has a BA in African American Studies, Masters in Educational Psychology and Educational Technology all from Howard University and a Ph.D. in African Art and Culture from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi Ghana. In addition to serving as the representative of Shekhem Ur Shekhem Ra Un Nefer Amen I in Asante, Ur Aua has been enstooled in his own right as Nanai Kweku Yobba Oboapo I, the Abontendomhene of Nkonya Kingdom, enskinned as Naba Amalteng I, Chief of Development Affairs in the Kusaug Kingdom, Bawku Traditional Area and Naba Anongnerib, Development Chief of Upper Easterners in the Ashanti Region.
Additionally, Ur Aua has been officially received and recognised in Asante, Fante, Akwapim, Nkonya, Bawku, and the Assin Manso areas of Ghana and in the Kingdom of Quidah, Benin. He currently has two books in print African Names, the Ancient Egyptian Keys to Unlocking Your Power and Destiny and Divine Kingship of Asante: A Model for Sustainable Development of Self and Community. He also serves as the US correspondent for The Royal Magazine published in Kumasi Ghana.
Dr Enkamit may be reached at:
Phone: +1 202 497 2499